<$BlogRSDURL$>
20041212
 
die young, stay pretty
Anybody know who the hell DeDee Pfeiffer is? Me either.

"Falling Down" came in the mail from netflix today. Neither of us remember adding it to the queue, but we got it in the mail so someone must have at some point. I probably did it drunk, although I have no idea why. Anywho, there's a scene where the crazy-man shoots up a burger joint, and I'm sitting staring at the burger girl thinking to myself..."why don't the girls at MY Mcdonald's look like that?" And secondarily, "I've seen that girl somewhere before." Turns out, she played the old daughter on Cybil Shepard's show, cleverly titled "Cybil", which I have an embarrasing affection for. Yes, I thought Cybil was funny, dosen't mean anything.

So, as I usual, when I can't remember where I've seen an actor or actress, I google up their name after the credits roll. As I'm paging through various fanboy sites and "official" sites...she had a kid a while ago...blah blah blah...I'm really starting to like this somewhat inconsequential actress, looking for a real bio, she even did a meatloaf video a few years ago.

Then, in the imdb bio, it says she's Michele Pfeiffer's sister. Huh? Michele Pfeiffer has been around forever. She's like my grandma. I check out Dedee's age (and god what a friggin name), she was born in '64. That makes her old enough to be my parent in some communities.

Which means she was rapidly approaching thirty in the movie I just watched, and was farther along in the Cybil show. In the movie, she dosen't look more than 17, and I always figured her to be mid to late twenties on the teevee. Granted, thirties isn't that old, but in the realm of stardom (especially, if I may sound like a pig for a moment, female stardom) 35 is practically ancient. But that's one actress that is doing well. She dosen't look like one of those "I'm desperate to stay young" hags with too much plastic surgery, she just looks pretty. She could be a sister to Tara Reid, without the nasty boob job.

I don't understand why she hasn't gotten better parts. She has at least (I'm far from a student of her films, so I don't know how well she acts, but she isn't totally ridiculous at least) the minimal amount of talent required, and is certainly better looking than many mainstream actresses.

Eh, maybe someday I'll start a petition. At least until she pisses me off, which is bound to happen eventually.

Oh, and someday I'll add links to this nonsense.
 
|


(Credit)

howdy, thanks for stopping by. what you're looking at is the intermittent ramblings of an iraqi vet, college student, goth-poseur, comic book reading, cheesy horror loving, punk listening, right-leaning, tech-obsessed, poorly typing, proudly self-proclaimed geek. occasionally, probably due to these odd combinations, i like to think i have some interesting things to say; this is where they wind up.



"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us...We need the books that affect us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside of us.
-Kafka



geeks-in-arms:
ace o spades hq
bargain-basement allahpundit
a small victory
army of mom
babalu blog
beautiful atrocities
being american in t o
belmont club
blame bush!
castle argghhh!
citizen smash
the command post
common sense runs wild
curmudgeonly & skeptical, r
curmudgeonly & skeptical, pg-13
dean's world
drill sergeant rob
edshots
exit zero
enjoy every sandwich
feisty repartee
fistful of fortnights
free will
four right wing wacos
ghost of a flea
half the sins of mankind
the hatemonger's quarterly
hog on ice
house of plum
hubris
id's cage
ilyka damen
imao
incoherant ramblings
in dc journal
instapunk
iowahawk
the jawa report
knowledge is power
lileks bleat
the llama butchers
memento moron
moxie
the mudville gazette
naked villainy
nerf-coated world
those damned pajama people
professor chaos
professor shade
the protocols of the yuppies of zion
protein wisdom
the queen of all evil
seven inches of sense
shinobi, who is a f'n numbers ninja, yo
tall dark and mathteriouth
talkleft
the nose on your face
the thearapist
this is class warfare
texas best grok
tim worstall
vodkapundit
way off bass
wizbang

other must reads: